No more lotteries in Canadian Immigration

lottery system

The Government of Canada has just announced that they will retire the draw system for sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents. They also announced they will raise the cap for family sponsorship applications (20.000 instead of current 17.000) for the year 2019.

The Government decided to respond to numerous fairness concerns caused by the draw system among candidates. Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada will now consider family sponsorship inquiries on a first come, first served basis instead of having the applicants rely on chance.

The changes have been published in August of 2018 and will come into force in 2019. Order a consultation with our Immigration Expert and start the process in advance.

What travel insurance covers?

travel insurance

Travel insurance and medical travel insurance are commonly confused. As a matter of fact, a medical insurance plan can be part of your travel insurance policy, but it doesn’t have to be. Below we sort things out to resolve the confusion for travelers across the Globe once and for all.

Basically, depending on the plan you pick, your travel insurance may provide coverage, separately or in a combo, for the following elements:

  • medical emergencies
  • emergency medical evacuation/return home
  • trip delay

Continue Reading

4 reasons to buy a medical insurance for your trip

medical insurance

At first, purchasing a medical insurance plan for a trip may sound like an annoying extra expense. However, if ever you actually need to use a travel insurance plan, your appreciation for pre-purchased medical insurance will grow instantly. Below we suggest four reasons to buy a medical insurance for each and every trip you ever plan.

1. Places, where the climate is different, are particularly exciting to explore. However, your body will likely need to adjust to a different type of weather/climate, which is why it may be more prone to catch an infection. Not even to mention a possibility of a natural disaster – a flood, a hurricane, an earthquake. Medical travel insurance provides certainty that any unexpected expenses related to that would be covered.

2. If the purpose of your trip includes any climbing, hiking, skiing or other sports activities, the government of your country of destination wants to ensure they will not be obligated to spend a penny on your treatment if anything happens. Some countries (Russia, Switzerland, Germany) even reserve a right to not admit a traveler without a pre-purchased medical insurance if they plan to do any sports.

Continue Reading

Belarus extends the visa-free entry

belarus visa

According to the official reports of the press service of the President of Belarus Visa-free stay is extended to up to 30 days. The list of the countries, whose citizens may enter Belarus without a visa, has been updated. Argentina, Hong Kong, Honduras, Macau, and the Military Order of Malta have been removed from the former list.

If you are eligible to visit Belarus without obtaining a visa, you still need to meet the following requirements:

  • To have a valid passport (or another ID for travelling abroad)
  • Sufficient funds (at least two base amounts for each day of stay, which is approximately $26 per day)
  • Medical insurance of €10 000

Please note that citizens of Samoa, Namibia, Lebanon, India, Gambia, Haiti, and Vietnam must meet additional requirements:

  • To have a valid EU or Schengen multi-visa with a confirmation mark of the entry to their territory
  • To have plane tickets with the departure date (within 30 calendar days after the entry date)

If you know that you need a Belarussian visa, please click here to apply.

Visa challenges exist even for the most powerful passports


The most powerful passports are those that let passport holders enter other countries visa-free. The more visa-free the country, the more powerful the passport. Nowadays we can consider powerful such passports as Japanese, Canadian, American, Australian, German and a few other European countries. However, there are some countries that make it almost impossible to get in. Here is the list of countries, where even the most powerful passport holders might have challenges to enter.

Nauru. In February 2018 Nauru canceled all visitor visas after it alleged an Australian media representative entered the country on a visitor's visa with nefarious intent. The only possible reason for a non-Nauruan to visit Nauru is to peer into the island's people-minding industry.

Saudi Arabia makes it clear that it does not need leisure tourists. There is no such thing as a tourist visa for Saudi Arabia. The only way in for a non-Muslim to enter Saudi Arabia is on a business visa.

Bhutan. Apart from Indian, Bangladeshi and Maldivian nationals, all visitors need a visa, which requires booking your travels through a Bhutanese tour operator or one of their accredited international partners.

Continue Reading

Top countries experiencing “over tourism” these days


We can still recall the time when per say “holiday destinations” – such as Thailand, Greece, Spain, France – used to be the most popular spots for summer vacations. However, times change, and nowadays “holiday destination” leaders are not the same. We won’t dig into the details of causes and reasons for that since the world is constantly changing and people’s preferences alter as well. We will just mention simple facts about the top countries, which have recently been struggling from “over tourism” effect. Why struggling, you might ask? Because in the case when tourists outweigh locals, the situation might become critical since the cost of living and the quality of life might become an issue for them.

Croatia is an absolute leader who has been experiencing “over tourism” since 2016. According to the Australian travel company Intrepid, in 2016 Croatia welcomed 57,587,000 tourists. Comparing to the population of Croatia, which is 4,170,000 people, it’s a lot and basically, it’s nearly 14 tourists to every local. No wonder it became so popular - a beautiful Adriatic coastline, very impressive natural beauty, and we must mention the pilgrimage site for Game of Thrones fans.

Iceland is a second country on the index. With the population of 334,250 people, it attracts more than 1,891,000 visitors. That’s nearly 6 tourists to every local.

Greece is on the third place in this rating. Spain, Italy and Mexico are closing the top-6 list.

African tourism growth

south africa

There are few reasons for the poor performance across the African continent, one of them is lack of originality among service providers. Another reason is visa policy. According to the forum, that took place at iNkosi Albert Luthuli Convention Centre in Durban, tough visa regulations affect the South Africa Tourism slowing down the tourist flow and, therefore, country income.

Morongoe Ramphele, a South Africa Tourism sector support service director general, expressed her concern on that point and called on African governments to apply visa laws that are beneficial to the continent of Africa. “Tough Visa regulations are a hindrance to growth, African countries need to open their boundaries for proper domestic tourism growth to be realized,” Ramphele said.

In order to ensure the tourism growth across the continent, nine African Tourism Ministers attended the forum. Hopefully, with the greater regional cooperation, by 2030 global tourist arrivals will reach 134 million, as predicted. This long-term planning is supposed to lead to the growth and sustainability of the African tourism market, and people will be excited to travel for many hours to come and experience the exotic adventure.

To check if you need a visa to South Africa, click here.

Foreign spectators registration with the police in the period of the 2018 FIFA World Cup

fifa 2018

Football fans from all over the world are excited about the upcoming summer. Russian cities, where the biggest football event will take place, are getting ready for hosting the 2018 FIFA matches and millions of foreign spectators! Volgograd, Yekaterinburg, Kazan, Kaliningrad, Moscow, Nizhniy Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Saint Petersburg, Saransk, Sochi will remain packed in the period from the 25th of May to the 25th of July 2018. In order to provide a comfortable and secure stay of the spectators at the 2018 FWC stadiums and in the Russian Federation territory, Russian government implemented specific regulations for visitors.

If you are traveling to Russia for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, please, keep in mind the following information! As 2018 FWC spectators you may enter the Russian Federation from 4th of June to the 15th of July, 2018; and exit the Russian Federation from 4th of June to the 25th of July, 2018. That's not all!

On the border

You must present:

  • identity documents
  • FAN ID (paper form or electronic form)
  • Russian Visa (IF YOU DON'T HAVE a valid FAN ID)

You must receive:

  • a migration card* (which you retain during the whole period of the stay in the Russian Federation)

In Russia

In each city, where you attend sports events, you must register with the police during 24hours after the arrival at the place of stay.**

Continue Reading

FIFA 2018 and security


Russia is taking all steps to ensure security at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation (signed on May 9th, 2017) all mass rallies during the 2018 World Cup must be coordinated with regional departments of the Interior Ministry and security agencies.

In the period from May 25 to July 25, 2018, on the regions of the Russian Federation, within which the city-organizers are located (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Leningrad, Volgograd, Sverdlovsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Rostov, Kaliningrad, Kaluga, Voronezh regions, the Krasnodar Territory, the Stavropol Territory, the Chechen Republic, the Republics of Tatarstan and Mordovia) enhanced security measures will take place. Sales of firearms and ammunition will be banned in the areas where tighter security measures are imposed. The National Guard will monitor compliance with the ban.

To enjoy FIFA 2018 in Russia, apply for your Russian visa now!

Canadian Consulates all over the world!

canadian consulates

Recent consular closures around the world are bothering Canadians and visitors to Canada. A lot of travelers are questioning if they still can find consulates here and there.

Why may you need a Canadian Consulate if you are traveling? First of all, if your passport/ID was lost or stolen, you will have to report the case and figure out the way of coming home. Another reason might be the situation when you need an urgent legalization of certain documents. Under the most unpleasant circumstances, you certainly need a Consulate if you got arrested or got very sick without travel insurance.

So, if you are Canadian and traveling abroad, please visit this government source to find the Canadian Consulate in the destination country.

Contact AnyVisa

Visa Worldwide:

Consular Services (Ru/En):

Immigration to Canada:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

ANYVISA Services  ANYVISA Immigration

409 Granville St., #1158
Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2
Appointment required