For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Ukraine, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days per six-month period
- Business visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days per six-month period
- Student visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days per six-month period
- Work permit: Required
- If you intend to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days, you must obtain a visa prior to entering the country. For further details on visas and work permits, please contact the Embassy of Ukraine in Canada.
- If you choose to travel to Crimea despite the current advisory, you must first obtain a special permit from the State Migration Service of Ukraine. The Ukrainian government requires that this permit be presented, along with your passport, at designated checkpoints along the administrative boundary of the occupied Ukrainian territory.
- Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.