Invalid Input
Invalid Input

Visas to South Africa for citizens of Canada

South Africa

According to our records visa is NOT required. Please contact our office for the latest visa requirements and fees.

Important Notes

For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.

NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.

NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.

Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:

  • To visit South Africa, Canadians must present a passport, which must be valid for at least 30 days beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country’s entry rules.
  • Your passport must contain at least two empty visa pages for the necessary South African Temporary Residence Permit, or you will be denied entry into the country. You may also be denied boarding at the point of departure if you don’t have enough blank pages for the visa.
  • You must also be in possession of a return or an onward ticket.
  • Canadians do not require a tourist visa to enter South Africa. Upon arrival, immigration officials will issue a Temporary Residents Visa (TRV) for up to 90 days.
  • If you intend to work or study in South Africa, you must apply for the relevant visas prior to your arrival; otherwise, you risk being refused entry and may be returned to your point of origin. You cannot change the type of visa once in South Africa.
  • Tourist visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
  • Business visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
  • Student permit: Required
  • Employment permit: Required
  • Residence permit
  • If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.

Contact Anyvisa

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

409 Granville St., #1350
Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2

Appointment required

© Copyright 2023 Anyvisa Services Corp. All rights reserved.