For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Singapore, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays of up to 30 days)
- Business visa: Not required (for stays of up to 30 days)
- Student visa: Required
- Singapore immigration officials will progressively start to fingerprint all visitors upon arrival. Some exceptions apply, including for children under the age of 6, individuals with special permanent residency and diplomats on assignment to Singapore with a diplomatic visa.
- An onward or return ticket is required to visit Singapore. You may be asked to show proof of sufficient funds for your stay.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.