For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Romania, which must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days per six-month period
- Business visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days per six-month period
- Student visa: Required
- Children born to a Romanian parent may be considered Romanian citizens even if they were born in Canada and have a Canadian passport. Children under the age of 18 are only allowed to leave Romania with both parents, or with the consent of both parents. The absent parent(s) must provide a standard statement of parental consent to travel (in Romanian), notarized by Romanian authorities, to be presented upon exiting Romania. Parents of children travelling alone or with one parent are strongly encouraged to contact the Embassy of Romania in Canada before departure to ensure that their child meets the latest entry and exit requirements, which may change without notice.
- Valid visas in full, invalidated travel documents are accepted provided accompanied by a new travel document.
- Passports and passport replacing documents issued more than 10 years prior to date of travel are not accepted.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.