For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport, as well as an onward or return ticket, to visit the Philippines. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays of up to 30 days)
- Business visa: Not required (for stays of up to 30 days)
- Student visa: Required
- Upon departure from the Mactan International Airport in Cebu, international travellers are required to pay an airport user fee (either in local currency or the equivalent in U.S. dollars, in cash only) of 750 Philippine pesos. As of February 1, 2015, there is no longer a departure tax when leaving from Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila. Airport user fees for domestic travellers vary.
- Travellers entering the Philippines may be subject to a body temperature check. In some cases, travellers may be isolated and treated.
- Visitors must have proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
- Multiple extensions of 59 days, (with a maximum of 1 year), available for those listed under visa exemptions.
- Length of stay is calculated by starting on the next day after the day of arrival in the Philippines.
- Visitors traveling for touristic or business purposes must hold return/onward tickets:
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.