For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- To visit Namibia, Canadians must present a passport, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country’s entry rules.
- An onward or return ticket and proof of sufficient funds are required upon entry to the country.
- Tourist visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
- Business visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
- Student visa: Required
- Employment visa: Required
- Ensure that your passport has sufficient visa pages for travel to Namibia and neighbouring countries for the entire duration of your trip. At least two completely blank pages are required for entry into Namibia.
- Make sure the visa stamp is valid for the duration of your stay (up to 90 days) and that immigration officials have given you a correctly dated entry stamp, as this will be checked upon departure. Authorities are very strict regarding visa validity; overstaying the time granted or having an incorrect or missing entry stamp could lead to detention, arrest and fines.
- All visitors are subject to screening and medical checks.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.