For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Mongolia, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required for stays of up to 30 days
- Business visa: Required
- Student visa: Required
- Visitors must register with the Office of Immigration, Naturalization and Foreign Citizens within one week upon arrival if they are staying for more than 30 days.
- Overland entry into Mongolia, other than by train, must be authorized by the Head of the Consular Section at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Requests must be specifically addressed to the Head of the Consular Section.
- Travellers arriving in or departing from Mongolia through China should be aware of Chinese visa regulations.
- Visitors must hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.