For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Monaco, which must be valid for at least the expected duration of their stay. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days*
- Business visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days*
- Student visa: Required
*For stays longer than 90 days, you must obtain a visa, from one of the consulates general of France in Canada, prior to arrival in Monaco. A residency permit may also be required if staying longer than 90 days. Consult Monaco’s Public Services website for details.
- Valid visas in full, invalidated travel documents are accepted provided accompanied by a new travel document.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.