For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Moldova, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry into that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist, business and student visas: Not required for stays up to 90 days per six-month period
- Canadians who enter Moldova from the Transnistrian segment of the Moldovan-Ukraine border must register, within 72 hours of crossing into Moldova, at:
- Any branch of the Centre for State Information Resources’ “Registru” or
- Any branch of the Migration and Asylum Bureau (Ministry of the Interior).
- Canadians who fail to legally register with the Republic of Moldova could face significant issues when trying to leave the country.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.