For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- To visit Mauritius, Canadians must present a passport, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country.
- Canadians are also required to have a ticket for return or onward travel and proof of sufficient funds.
- Tourist visa: Not required for stays of less than 90 days
- Student visa: Required
- Work permit: Required
- A letter of authorization from the inviting organization is required for persons traveling to Mauritius on business.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay (min. of USD 100.-, per day), confirmed hotel reservation and documents required for their next destination.
- Nationals of Canada who have visited Guinea or Sierra Leone within 21 days prior to arrival in Mauritius will be refused entry.
- Foreign workers only holding a Work Permit will be refused entry. Foreign workers must hold an Entry Permit or Residence Permit to enter Mauritius.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are traveling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.