For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Macao, which must be valid for at least 30 days beyond the date of expected departure from Macao. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- A visa is not required for stays of less than 30 days. For longer stays, an application for extension of stay must be approved by Macao’s Immigration Service.
- Canadians travelling to mainland China via Hong Kong must obtain a Chinese visa before arrival. Travellers entering Macao from mainland China and then leaving Macao via the mainland should have a visa for that re-entry. Consult the China Travel Advice for more information regarding travel to mainland China.
- Canadians of Chinese descent should not use the “Re-entry Travel Permit” while visiting the People’s Republic of China because Chinese authorities may refuse to recognize their Canadian citizenship. For travel to China, Canadians should only use a Canadian passport and the required visa for China.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays of up to 30 days)
- Business visa: Not required
- Investment visa: Required
- Student visa: Required
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- An onward or return ticket and proof of sufficient funds may be required to visit Macao unless proof of residency in China or Hong Kong can be shown.