For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Kyrgyz Republic, which must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- You must register your passport with the Passport Visa Services Unit within three business days after your arrival in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays up to 60 days)
- Business visa: Required
- Student visa: Required
- Transit visa: Required
- A letter of invitation is required for stays of more than one month (this requirement does not apply to tourist visas).
- If you plan to travel to both the Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan, with Almaty, Kazakhstan, as your arrival and departure point, you need a multiple-entry Kazakhstan visa in addition to a Kyrgyz visa.
- Canadians can obtain a visa on arrival for a stay of more than 60 days.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.