For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a valid passport to visit Kiribati. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays less than 28 days)
- Business visa: Not required
- Student visa: Not required
- An onward or return ticket and proof of sufficient funds are required to enter Kiribati.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- Extension of stay is possible for passengers with a visa exemption for a maximum stay of 30 days. The total stay cannot exceed 4 months in any calendar year.