For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Jamaica, which must be valid for the duration of their intended stay in the country. Alternatively, you may present a government-issued identification with photograph, along with an official birth certificate. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays up to six months)
- Business visa: Required
- Student visa: Required
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- You must complete and sign a Jamaican Immigration Landing Card, usually given to travellers upon check-in at the airport or during the flight, and present it to an immigration official upon arrival in Jamaica. On the card, you must indicate the full address of where you will stay, including the parish, and if you are staying in Kingston, the district. You must retain the card and present it to immigration officials upon departure from Jamaica.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents for their next destination.
- An onward or return ticket and proof of sufficient funds are required upon entry to Jamaica.