For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Ireland is a member of the European Union but it is not part of the Schengen area. A passport is required to travel between Ireland and other European countries, including the United Kingdom.
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Ireland, which must be valid for at least the expected duration of their stay in that country. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
- Business visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
- Student visa: Not required
- Work permit: Required (except for the Student Work Abroad Program)
- Visitors holding passports containing a British inadmissible stamp could be refused entry.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.