For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Hong Kong, which must be valid for at least one month beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays of up to 90 days)
- Business visa: Not required (for stays of up to 90 days)
- Student visa: Required
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- All travellers are subject to body temperature screening upon entry into Hong Kong.
- An airport departure tax of HKD120 and a ferry embarkation tax of HKD19 are normally included in the price of a plane ticket to or from Hong Kong. Confirm these taxes are included with your air carrier.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay.