For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a valid passport to visit Haiti. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: not applicable (for stays of less than 90 days)
- Business visa: not applicable
- Work permit: required
- Residency permit ("permis de séjour"): required for stays of more than 90 days
- Student visa: required
- All visitors with foreign passports are required to pay a CAN$10, US$10 or €10 fee on arrival at the Toussaint Louverture International Airport.
The following are exempted from paying the fee:
- children between 0 and 5 years of age;
- official’s passport or diplomatic passport holders;
- foreigners with a valid residence card;
- officials and agents with a United Nations passport
- anyone born in Haiti and holding a foreign passport.
- Visitors entering Haiti at a land crossing from the Dominican Republic are required to pay a US$10 fee (cash only).
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- Admission refused to visitors arriving from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- Nationals of Canada who have visited Guinea, Liberia or Sierra Leone within the last 21 days will be refused entry.
- Nationals of Canada who have visited Guinea, Liberia or Sierra Leone more than 21 days ago but show symptoms of Ebola after their arrival must consult a doctor.
- Visitors (except those of Haitian origin) not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.
- Visitors must provide an address (place of stay) in Haiti.