For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Guyana, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required
- Business visa: Not required
- Student visa: Not required
- If you are travelling to Guyana on business, you must bring a business letter with all pertinent information concerning the reason for your visit.
- A departure tax of 2,500 Guyanese dollars and an airport security fee of 1,500 Guyanese dollars are charged upon departure. These must be paid in local currency.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
- Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry.