For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Georgia, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to travelling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays up to 365 days)
- Business visa: Not required (for stays up to 365 days)
- Student visa: Not required (for stays up to 365 days)
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- You require prior authorization from Georgian authorities to enter the breakaway regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. As there is no official border control, you could face serious consequences, such as incarceration and fines, when re-entering Georgia if your passport has been stamped by the authorities of these regions.
- E-visas can be obtained before departure. Passengers must have a printed e-visa confirmation and they should be verified.
- Minors up to/incl. 15 years of age traveling alone must hold a passport or a letter of consent from the parents.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of health insurance and sufficient funds to cover their stay.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.