For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.
NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.
NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.
Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:
- Canadians must present a passport to visit Botswana, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to traveling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
- Tourist visa: Not required (for stays up to 90 days)
- Business visa: Not required (for stays up to 90 days)
- Student visa: Not required (for stays up to 90 days)
- Canadians who stay in the country for more than 90 days should request an extension.
- If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are traveling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
- Admission and transit refused to visitors arriving from Congo (Dem. Rep.), Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.
- Visitors wishing to stay in Botswana for more than 90 days should apply for an extension prior to arrival, from the Immigration and Passport Control Office, P.O. Box 942, Gaborone.