Skip to main content
Invalid Input
Invalid Input

Visas to Bosnia and Herzegovina for citizens of Canada

Bosnia and Herzegovina

According to our records visa is NOT required. Please contact our office for the latest visa requirements and fees.

Important Notes

For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.

NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.

NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.

Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:

  • Canadians must present a passport to visit Bosnia-Herzegovina, which must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to traveling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
  • Ensure that your passport is stamped by customs when you enter. The absence of an entry stamp could create difficulties when trying to leave the country.
  • Tourist visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
  • Business visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
  • Student visa: Not required for stays up to 90 days
  • Minors:
  • Minors under 14 years of age traveling unaccompanied must hold a verified letter of authorization from the parent or legal guardian, certified by an attorney or a notary.
  • Unaccompanied minors are in possession of a valid verified permit from the parent or legal guardian if:

- a minor travels with a standard form signed by the parents or legal guardians issued by the air carrier;
- a foreign minor travels as a part of the group with their teacher who is in possession of the list of all participants  stamped by the educational institution organizing the excursion;
- a minor is listed on the manifest stamped by the legal entity which organizes a group excursion of minors and which assures that such minors will stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina for the purpose stated on the manifest.

  • If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are travelling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
  • Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.