Invalid Input
Invalid Input

Visas to Bolivia for citizens of Canada


According to our records visa is NOT required. Please contact our office for the latest visa requirements and fees.

Important Notes

For NON-CANADIAN passport holders, document checklist can be requested directly through our visa specialists.

NOTE: Visa-free stay period may depend on your citizenship.

NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.

Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:

  • Canadians must present a passport to visit Bolivia, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to traveling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
  • You must also produce a return air ticket or other proof of how you plan to leave the country at the end of your stay.
  • Carry a photocopy of your passport at all times, including the entry stamp and disembarkation card, since police and immigration officials may request them.
  • Keep the immigration card you receive upon arrival to Bolivia in a safe place, as immigration officials will ask for it when you depart the country.
  • Tourist visa: Not required (for stays of less than 30 days)
  • Business visa: Required
  • Student visa: Required
  • Canadians wishing to stay for more than 30 days may obtain a tourist visa for another 30 days, provided they apply at a Dirección Nacional o Regional de Migración office in Bolivia before the end of the first 30-day period. This 30-day tourist visa can be obtained twice, at no extra cost, to a maximum of 90 days during one calendar year.
  • When arriving by land, travelers should ensure that immigration officials place an entry stamp in their passport to avoid any problems upon departure.
  • Border or immigration officers will expect parents traveling with a minor (a child under the age of 18) who is a citizen or resident of Bolivia to produce an original and photocopy of the minor's long form birth certificate and custody court documents, if applicable. Minors traveling with one parent or with a third party must obtain a travel permit from the local city hall (specifically, the Bolivian Ombudsman Department of Protection of Children (Defensoría de la Niñez y Adolescencia)). In order to obtain this permit, the parent or guardian must present original documents and copies of the minor's long form birth certificate and custody court documents, if applicable, and written authorization from the parent not traveling. Relatives or a third party traveling with a child must produce proof of the parents’ identification in addition to the required documentation. When a parent is deceased, Bolivian authorities require a notarized copy of the death certificate in lieu of the written authorization.
  • If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are traveling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad
  • Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
  • Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused

Contact Anyvisa

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

409 Granville St., #1350
Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2

Appointment required

© Copyright 2023 Anyvisa Services Corp. All rights reserved.