european union

New EU travel requirements for American visitors

Written by Anyvisa Services on . Posted in Travel Blog.

Earlier this week American travellers might have gotten a little bit of a shock with news all over the internet about the year of 2021, saying that they might have to obtain a visa for travelling to the EU countries. However, according to the latest updates, US travellers still don’t need a visa. New EU travel requirements will only mean more paperwork for American visitors.

So, starting in 2021, American passport holders will no longer be able to cross the European border without completing pre-authorization paperwork. American visitors and other visa-free travellers to the EU must first obtain a European Travel Information and Authorization System registration. It’s not a full visa application, but a short online application that should cost about $8.

The authorization will last for three years and allows Americans to enter the Schengen Area as many times as necessary during that period.

If you travel somewhere, where you may need a visa, or you have a question regarding Canadian Immigration – contact us.

Contact Anyvisa

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

409 Granville St., #1350
Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2

Appointment required

© Copyright 2023 Anyvisa Services Corp. All rights reserved.