Vietnam should relax its visa requirements
On January 22, 2018, a dialogue meeting on mechanisms, policies and administrative procedures related to business operation and activities of European firms in Vietnam took place in Hanoi. During that meeting, The European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham) called for a visa waiver for visitors from the countries which have signed free trade agreements with Vietnam. According to EuroCham, Vietnam should:
- ease the visa requirements for Vietnam’s investment partners and target tourism markets like India and Australia;
- extend the visa waiver to passport holders of five Western European countries to five years (from the current one year);
- extend the visa-free stay from 15 days to 30 days;
- clarify procedures and regulations on the visa exemption for tourists returning to Vietnam within less than 30 days after their departures for a third country;
- issue visas on arrival with a duration of 72 days for passengers in transit;
- improve e-visa issuance service.
Apply for a Vietnamese visa now.