In Canada business visa is your primary choice to start your enterprise as a non-resident

canada business visa

If you ever dreamt about running your own business in Canada, business visa might be the right path for you.

It is a Temporary Visa that allows business-people to come to Canada to build a brand new business or operate an existing one. This type of visa is valid for an extended period of time depending on the country of your nationality. The Candidate is allowed to work in Canada: business visa results in the proper Work Permit issuance.

Many people confuse Business Visa and Start-Up Visa. You can see the difference between these two in our FAQ section. Both programs are worth to consider if you are an entrepreneur and willing to relocate to Canada. You can see Business visa requirements in general qualifications of Owner-Operator on our Canadian Business Visa page.

If you are still indecisive which business program to choose, we highly recommend ordering an in-depth business consultation with us.

Travel advisory from Anyvisa regarding your upcoming trip to Russia


The recent explosion happened in the Northern Russian town Severodvinsk, made a worldwide commotion, especially among travelers who are planning to go to Russia soon.

The reasons and consequences of this nuclear incident are still under investigation. That’s why many travelers are questioning – is it safe to go to Russia now?

It’s always advisable to check current country conditions and terms of your travel visa and your valid insurance, because incidents like this may cause flight delays, itinerary changes, destination cancellations, and other unpleasant predicaments.

To address all your travel needs and obtain your visa to Russia, you are welcome to contact our office in Vancouver.

Official warning: Work Permit Delays

work permit delay

According to the federal government of Canada, there are continuing delays for LMIA processing.

Employment and Social Development Canada, which handles Canadian work permits and LMIA requests, is currently experiencing a high number of LMIA applications which is leading to longer processing times for some streams of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

ESDC has published average processing times by each Temporary Foreign Worker Program category. Expected LMIA processing times vary:

  • For Global Talent Stream – 10 business days;
  • For Agricultural Stream – 30 business days;
  • For Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program – 15 business days;
  • For PR Stream – 40 business days;
  • For In-home Caregivers – 25 business days;
  • For High-wage Stream – 85 business days;
  • For Low-wage Stream – 120 business days.

It is also highly recommended applicants to ensure their applications are complete before submission. Also, it is crucial to respond promptly to official requests for any additional information.

If you are still thinking of applying for any of the mentioned streams and/or unsure about the process, proceed with our legal consultation.

Russian passport holders are meeting new requirements for Finnish visa

requirements for finnish visa

To apply for a Finnish travel visa, Russian tourists will soon have to provide proof of income. This new visa requirement for visa to Finland will be put in force on September,1st this year. According to this new rule, Russian passport holders will be required not only to provide a letter from the work place, but also proof of real estate ownership in Russia or bank statements from the previous three months, and the itineraries for the upcoming travel.

Meanwhile, Russia is working on updating its visa system for foreign tourists. More information about Russian e-visa implementation you can read in one of our previous articles. If you are planning to go to Russia before the year of 2021, most likely you need a travel visa to Russia – feel free to check if that is so.

If you are thinking to travel to Finland, make sure you are meeting the requirements for Finnish visa. Not sure if you need a visa, check here.

New Brunswick is searching for immigration candidates

new Brunswick

The province of New Brunswick is joining other Canadian provinces of Ontario, Alberta and Nova Scotia in proactively searching immigration candidates from the Express Entry pool.

Express Entry candidates selected through New Brunswick’s occasional searches will receive a Letter of Interest in their Express Entry accounts.

The demand for provincial labour market is so unfulfilled that the province is using this unorthodox approach to select suitable candidates among skilled workers and skilled trades from the Express Entry pool. This type of PNP nomination will result in an additional 600 points added to the Express Entry profile and effectively guarantee the Canadian permanent residency.

To make sure you are fully prepared for such option or explore alternative ways to immigrate to Canada please contact us, or order the initial legal consultation on the designated page.

Temporary resident permit for victims of family violence

family violence

The new rules took effect on July 26, 2019, in Canada. Those newcomers to Canada who are experiencing family violence can now apply for a fee-exempt temporary resident permit (TRP) that will give them legal immigration status in Canada.

The new rules apply to those who have yet to obtain PR and whose status in Canada is dependent on their abusive partner or spouse.

Under the new rules, IRCC said the intention is for victims of family violence to be assessed for a TRP as fast as possible.

As for the eligibility, IRCC says an assessment will consider such factors as the location of the victim (the foreign national has to be physically located in Canada) and the fact that the foreign national is seeking permanent residence (that is contingent on remaining in a genuine relationship in which there is abuse). If the victim is facing physical, sexual, psychological or financial abuse, or is not provided with food, clothing, medical care, shelter, etc. while in Canada - that is a case for applying for TRP for victims of family violence.

If you are a victim or know someone in Canada who needs support in this delicate situation, don’t hesitate to contact us. Please, keep in mind that the TRP process for victims of family violence is not available to foreign nationals outside Canada.

New coming EB-5 regulations

eb-5 visa

The final rule was published by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. It is raising the minimum investment requirement under the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, from $500K to $900K. There was no such increase in these amounts since the year of 1990.

The rule will become effective on November 21, 2019. Investors still can apply for EB-5 Visa under the current rules, but there is not much time left. Apply now under the current EB-5 requirements and get your USA Green card.

Between now and November 21st, 2019 it is expected that many foreign investors will apply under the existing EB-5 program while the old investment requirements remain to save themselves $400K. If you would like to be in this lucky category, don’t hesitate to send your request. For more details, contact us and we will schedule an initial consultation for you.

Immigration to Canada: Business visa

business visa

Today, at ANYVISA, approximately 50% of our clientele are business immigrants. They are fairly divided into entrepreneurs, unique self-employed professionals with occupations in Art, Culture and Athletics, or successful businesspeople (owners of large and small businesses).

Business Visa is one of the options to come to Canada to incorporate your venture and start actual business activity very fast. Unlike similar programs in other countries, the criteria for Canadian Business Visa are more preferential. The program itself is quite complex because it encompasses both (private and corporate) aspects of the procedure, and it determines its complexity, cost, and diversity. In general, for Business Visa program, it is important to have business experience and specialized knowledge in the area required for each type of venture.

Since there are many illusions related to opening a business in Canada, temporary Business Visa and Business immigration to Canada in general, we conduct a large number of preliminary consultations explaining requirements, objectives, and ways to achieve the goals. Having a good team, solid workload, realistic promises, and reasonable guarantees, and all at affordable cost, we analyze the situation thoroughly and give the candidates a detailed plan for achieving their goals within real terms. As a result, we help multiple candidates to choose the way that works the best uniquely for them.

Our clients, who want to apply for a Business Visa and start a business in Canada, coming to Canada within just 2-3 months after we start the process. Even though it is still not a PR (permanent residence), at this stage they make one of the first practical steps - they get permission to work in Canada with the right to bring their families (spouses can work, school-age children can study for free). On average, the long-term goal to apply and get a Permanent Residence may take from 1 to 2 years.

The volume of investments, type of industry, country of origin, proposed place of residence, links to Canada – all that play an important role in determining the optimal path for candidates. However, the very first step to figuring out the best path for Canadian immigration is the proper in-depth consultation with an immigration expert. If you are willing to start your own business in Canada, a Business visa is one of the best options for entrepreneurs and businesspeople. Send your inquiry on your designated page or contact us.

Canada announced a new program: Agri-Food Immigration Pilot

agri food

Starting in 2020, temporary foreign workers occupied in the Agri-food sector in Canada will have a new pathway to Canadian PR.

The three-year Agri-Food Immigration Pilot will allow retaining foreign workers with eligible job offers in Canada’s agricultural industry.

Currently, the Temporary Foreign Worker program for seasonal agricultural workers allows only limited-term work permits. There is no pathway to permanent residency.

Under the new pilot with its three-year duration, it is planned to accept 2,750 principal applicants per year.

The Government of Canada aims to help temporary foreign workers to become permanent residents of Canada, and The Agri-Food Immigration Pilot is supporting this strategy.

More details on how candidates can apply for the pilot will be available in early 2020. If you are interested in Canadian Immigration but don’t know what your options are, we will be happy to help you with that. Send your request through our Free Assessment form, and we will assess your chances fast and accurate.

The Global Talent Stream occupation list has been updated

global talent stream

The Government of Canada has updated the list of occupations that are eligible under its popular Global Talent Stream, that was made permanent earlier this year.

Two professions have been removed: engineering managers (NOC 0211) and architecture and science managers (NOC 0212). One profession has been added: computer network technicians (NOC 2281).

The federal ministry, Employment, and Social Development Canada, responsible for processing applications under the Global Talent Stream, said the update was necessary “to ensure the list continues to reflect the Canadian labor market and the needs of innovative companies.”

According to ESDC, submissions for occupations being removed from the list will be accepted until August 4, 2019. After this deadline, they will not be processed. To learn more about the Global Talent Stream, please visit our dedicated page. To get your situation assessed, send us a Free Assessment request. 

Contact AnyVisa

Visa Worldwide:

Consular Services (Ru/En):

Immigration to Canada:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

ANYVISA Services

409 Granville St., #1158
Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2
Appointment required