Skip to main content
Invalid Input
Invalid Input

Visas to Bahamas for citizens of Canada


According to our records visa is NOT required. Please contact our office for the latest visa requirements and fees.

Important Notes

Nationals of Canada can visit the Bahamas for up to 3 months without a visa. 

However, nationals of Canada, Antigua and Barbuda, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, IcelandItaly, LiechtensteinLuxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, San Mariano, Switzerland, and Turkey can visit the Bahamas for 8 months

8 months for nationals of United Kingdom (British citizen only), 3 months for other classes of British nationality and other states.

8 months for nationals of the Unites States, 3 months for US citizens or nationals residing in Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.

Cruise ship passengers

Cruise ship passengers traveling to and returning from the Bahamas are now required to obtain visa for entry. Both entry and departure must be by a cruise ship

NOTE: Visa requirements may vary for holders of diplomatic passports.

Entry requirements for CANADIAN passport holders:

  • Canadians must present a passport to visit the Bahamas, which must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Prior to traveling, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules.
  • Temporary passport holders may be subject to different entry requirements. Check with diplomatic representatives for up-to-date information.
  • Permanent residents of Canada must travel with their Permanent Resident Card and a valid passport from their country of origin.
  • Tourist visa: Not required
  • Business visa: Not required
  • Student permit: Required
  • If you plan to go abroad, you should purchase the best travel insurance you can afford before you leave Canada. Your travel insurance should include health, life and disability coverage that will help you avoid large expenses, such as the cost of hospitalization or medical treatment outside Canada. If you are flying, being insured for flight cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and document replacement will save you from major disruptions and additional costs. If you are traveling by car, make sure you have driver and vehicle coverage in case you have an accident abroad.
  • If departing from the USA (regardless of any destination passport exemptions), a valid passport and/or accepted departure document is required by the US immigration authorities.
  • A return or onward ticket
  • Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of your stay
  • Nationals of Canada and the USA, being 16 years of age or younger and traveling alone, need to hold a notarized parental letter of consent. If traveling with an organized group, a letter is not necessary.